Chasing Cheerios

Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Hammered Leaf Prints

O LOVED making hammered leaf prints this morning! (She loves anything involving a hammer. I guess all those hours spent with with Elliott fixing boats and cars have paid off!) To set this activity up, I found an old board in the garage (there's a never ending supply out there!), 2 tacks, and strips of an old sheet. I cut the sheet into small rectangles and tacked them to the board. O and I collected leaves and flowers this morning after our morning swim. To make the print, place the leaf or flower under the cloth strip (the leaves worked better when they were upside down), cover the leaf with the fabric, and hammer the leaf! It smells like freshly cut grass as you hammer :) We took turns hammering, and we were happy with the results!

4 comments:

  1. That is such a cool idea and really simple. I think I'll try that with my 19 month old. Where do you find the time to do all of these great things and then post about them?

    ReplyDelete
  2. quick question,
    is the print "sandwiched" between two sheets,or is this just one sheet on top?
    BTW Love all your hard work, and great ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jennifer- On most days, O and I have endless hours together to do activities...about 12, and we always run out of time before we do everything I want to do :) I usually take about an hour or 2 once or twice a week and write lots of posts at once (usually around 10). Then I just post 1 or 2 a day. All of the recent posts are things we did 1 or 2 weeks ago :) Oh, and most of our activities are very simple and quick to do...like this one!

    Melinda- There is just one sheet on top, but it might be interesting to try 2...

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a good idea! What are you going to make with the fabric?

    ReplyDelete