Chasing Cheerios

Friday, May 7, 2010

DIY Letter and Number Stamps


These stamps are simple, fast, and inexpensive to make. Here's how to do it...

To make these letter and number stamps you need 6 wooden blocks (1.5 inches square), foam letters and numbers (sold at WM for one dollar), and glue. O and my mom punched the letters and numbers out of the foam puzzle while I glued them (backwards)to the blocks. Simple, fast, and fun, and O was excited to have a new set of stamps to play with!

The inspiration for these stamps came from Ohdeedoh.

10 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh! Such a great idea! My daughter would just love these and they won't cost a fortune like store bought letter/number stamps would. Awesome. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi
    Hey I just shared your idea and linked back to your post on We Teach in the Alphabet Group (manipulatives discussion)! This idea is too awesome not to share with the alphabet group. =)
    www.weteach.ning.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute ideas!!!! As always!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a fantastic idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. As usual, you have the best ideas (or pass the best ideas along to the rest of us). Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would suggest just putting one on each block, as the stamp ink will get all over the other letters as he/she works, and then all over hands. but, that's ok, too!! Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun alphabet activity.
    Hmm. Anonymous does have a good point. I suppose you got the blocks in the craft section of a store?

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is so neat... I'm thinking of making this when LDC opens up later this year... I will definitely book mark it....

    ReplyDelete
  9. I mentioned you in my post today. http://www.jdaniel4smom.com/2010/09/isnt-b-i-c-letter-knowledge.html

    ReplyDelete