Chasing Cheerios

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

A Halloween Storytelling Activity

Now that O is in Montessori school each morning, I don't usually set up trays of work for her.  However, I plan to continue setting up seasonal/holiday trays as inspiration strikes :) 

I love the printable paper toys at The Toymaker website, and these Teeny Tiny Halloweenies were too cute to ignore.  I printed them on photo paper, and set up a tray with scissors, a glue stick, and craft sticks.





We cut out the Halloweenies and glued them to the craft sticks to make Halloween puppets.





We acted out scenes with them after we finished making them.





They are now set up in our table centerpiece, and we've been using them as storytelling prompts during meals.  O LOVES this activity!  The only problem is that she won't take a turn telling a story...she only wants to listen to our stories!





We also made this Magic Pumpkin from The Toymaker website. 



6 comments:

  1. You are an endless source of inspiration! May I ask where you purchased or how you made that adorable Halloween centerpiece?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love your ideas!! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful idea! Thanks for sharing the link on the Toymaker. Kerri

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for sharing. Your puppets are such a neat idea. I think I might use them to make a memory game too!

    ReplyDelete