Chasing Cheerios

Thursday, February 10, 2011

Personalized Paperdolls Shadowbox




I love the personalized paper dolls that Sandy from Sandy Ford Designs made of my girls so much that I put them in a shadow box.  (O also has a set to play with...that's the beauty of purchasing a pdf...I can print as many copies as I like!). 

I traced the girls' hands onto scrapbook paper, cut them out, and put them in the shadow box as the background.  (I wish that my shadow box was bigger, so that the hands were more visible.)  I also think it would look good to have a collage of black and white pics behind the paper dolls...so many possibilities and so little wall space!  I hope that Sandy will stay in business for a long time because I'd like to get updated paper dolls made of my girls every couple of years. 

I'm looking forward to printing the dolls and clothing on magnetic paper for our upcoming road trip!  I may have more fun playing with them than O! 

I really love making shadow boxes of the girls' mementos, crafts, and pics.  Here are the links to some of my other shadowboxes...arts and crafts shadow box, ballet shadow box, and handprint lillies shadowbox.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! I love this!! Thanks for sharing! I am saving for birthday gift ideas! Kerri

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like all your shadow boxes, they just feel so special, I have to make something like it. I have recently read your blog from the very beginning and you are such an inspiration to me! I am now doing a lot of similar stuff with my 21-months-old girl (you can see it on my blog if you are interested). I wanted to ask - what printer do you have? We are planning to buy a new one and I really want to be able to print colored activity sheets for my girl but my husband says that ink printer will be too expensive per sheet with all the ink. Do you have any advise? Thank you!

    ReplyDelete