Chasing Cheerios

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Lacing Beads

Lacing beads is one of E's favorite activities on her Montessori shelf, and she chooses it almost everyday.  We have a bead lacing set made by Ryan's Room.  It is made up of a wooden snake head with wooden beads and disks to string to make the snake's body.  The beads are a little too big for E to handle with her small hands, but she does well with the disks.  I love to watch the intense concentration on her face when she does this work.






5 comments:

  1. Your website is just full of things I want to try with my kid.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The snake head is a vey good idea to help very young childs to pass the beads...my son put big beads on a chenille stick (you can see him here : http://3danslepetitnid.blogspot.com/2011/02/activites-pour-quentin-18-mois-33.html)but it's not so easy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the lacing snake idea... I don't have one at playschool, but the other day, we used pasta and wooden beads together. The kids were so focused ... It always amazed me. They were so proud going home with their little necklaces (which DID look terrific !!). Sorry I haven't posted nay photos of this activity on my blog. Where did you purchased your wooden beads for the snake activity?

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a great idea. I forgot about the lacing! I've been searching for more things to do with my 2 1/2 year old and love your blog. I've used so many of your ideas to entertain and teach him. I definitely need to do this one soon. Christy

    ReplyDelete
  5. The bead set came from Target...about 5 years ago. I don't think they have it anymore.

    ReplyDelete