Chasing Cheerios

Monday, June 20, 2011

Animals & An Ice Cube Tray

Here is another simple activity to build one-to-one correspondence skills! I gave E(1) an empty ice tray and a bowl of mini animals. There were just enough animals for one animal to go into each space in the tray. E loved putting the animals in the tray. While I was showing her the activity, she kept saying "my turn, my turn!" Then after she had her turn, she said "mommy turn."

She completed this activity several times in a row, and she especially liked the mini cats.

She put 3 cats in one space, and I had to bite my tongue to keep myself from correcting her. She stared at the tray for a couple of seconds, and then corrected herself by putting one cat in each space. It was fun to watch her expression as she thought about it.

3 comments:

  1. Would it be fun or traumatic for her if you put water in that ice cube tray and froze them? I'm sorry, I just couldn't quit thinking of that with every new picture!

    And she was sorting the animals! That's why the "cat family" was all in their own cube!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a great idea!! Saw your blog on another blog and so glad I found it!! Thanks for sharing!

    We host a link party called “Help a Momma Out” every Tuesday! This would be an awesome link up! I would appreciate if you'd add it. Thanks in advance for your consideration :)

    Kristine
    www.jandmseyecandy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just stumbled upon your blog, too, and am going through your archives, reaping ideas for my little ones :)

    Where do you get such mini animals, if I may ask?

    ReplyDelete