Chasing Cheerios

Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Our Aquarium Garden




A couple of months ago, the girls, my mom, and I planted several different types of vegetables (onions, carrots, turnips, and garlic chives) in an aquarium.  I decided to try planting in the aquarium after looking at root-vue planters (and discussing them with a friend) and remembering that I had an old aquarium in our garage.  I'm hoping that we'll be able to see the vegetables developing below the surface, but so far we are just seeing long and skinny roots.





The aquarium garden is near the girls's deck playhouse where they spend a lot of time!  Lately, they love to pretend that they are orphans from Annie, and they sing "It's a Hard Knock Life" while they scrub the walls and floor!







No comments:

Post a Comment